- Montserrat. Head to Espanya station to purchase roundtrip tickets to Montserrat, which entails taking a train and cable car up the mountain. Once at the top, visit the Basilica, gaze upon the Virgin of Montserrat, and do some wine tasting. Don’t forget your camera.
- Sitges. Sitges is a beautiful coastal resort town with nicer, less populated beaches than those in Barcelona. You can get there by a 25-minute car or train ride from Sants station. Enjoy the scenic landscape but be sure to keep an eye on your belongings when taking a dip at the beach.
- Tibidabo. From Catalunya Sq. you can get a €2.50 bus to Tibidabo. On top of this mountain you’ll find a church and amusement park, both set against the beautiful backdrop of Barcelona.
- Blanes. An hour train ride north of Barcelona lies Blanes, which boasts lovely white sand beaches, plenty of seafood restaurants and pizzerias, and a botanical garden on a hill above the beach.
- Girona. About 45 minutes north of Barcelona is this quaint and picturesque town of Girona. Complete with canals, cathedrals, and cobbled streets, this is a stop for anyone interested in history or art.
Top 5 Day Trips Out of Barcelona was last modified: October 30th, 2015 by