When visiting a new country, it can sometimes be hard to find the local delicacies on a menu—you're just as likely to get the traditional stewed boar hoof as a piece of toast. Here are some names to make sure you get a real Lithuanian experience:
1. Cepelinai ("zeppelins"). These are kind of just what they sounds like: glorious potato and minced meat dumplings that are the size (and weight) of an airship. We haven't exactly checked up on this, but we're fairly certain these are what Led Zeppelin is named after.
2. Kugelis. This dish brings together the most classic Lithuanian ingredients there are: potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, egg, milk, potatoes, bacon, potatoes (and sometimes sour cream).
3. Vedarai. Like a sausage, except instead of meat, there's potato.
4. Saltibarsciai. If all this food experimentation has your stomach confused, try this pepto-bismol colored soup. Don't yell at your waiter if he serves it cold —it's meant to be that way. But it seems that something is missing...? Don't worry, it comes with potatoes on the side.
5. Surelis. This chocolate-covered curd snack come in approximately a million varieties and can be found in the refridgerated aisle at any supermarket. These things are basically the lovechild of a klondike bar and slice of cheesecake.
Note: If you don't happen to be in Lithuania at the moment, you should probably rectify this as soon as possible.